Friday, June 29, 2012

Ya Gotta Know When To Fold 'Em . . . Dahlia Fold Card

Know when to hold 'em . . .  know when to walk away . . . know when to run . . . 


Yikes!  Did I just date myself by thinking about that old song?
  
Well, I'm just lovin' this Dahlia Fold card.  The folding is as easy as can be.  It makes such a pretty card and quickly, too.

How?
  • Punch out eight (8) 1-3/4" circles from designer series paper and then fold each of the circles into quarters.
  • Fold the lower two quarters in a bit at the bottom, using the fold marks as a guide.
  • turn the circle shape over and then fold the petal inward to the center fold line - kinda like a paper airplane and then do the same thing for the other side.
  • Repeat the same steps to create 7 more petals and create a full circle.
  • Try this with several sizes of circle punches to make larger and smaller flowers.
I stamped the Very Vanilla layer with Island Indigo and Riding Hood Red using the Everything Eleanor stamp set.  I'm so glad the Vintage Brads are still available. 
I used:
Riding Hood Red and Island Indigo inks; Fan Fair Designer Series Paper; Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla card stocks; Everything Eleanore stamp set; Antique Brads; Glue Dots; 1-3/4" circle punch; Bone Folder, Snail adhesive.

It's a regular-sized card finishing up at 5-1/2" x 4-1/4".  Whatcha think?  I wanted to give a shout out for the blog where I got this idea, and I cannot seem to locate it.  When I do, I'll update this post.


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hope you know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em today and every day.
You can hold my newsletter in your hands if you print it off from your e-mail.  Just click here to get signed up for FREE!  You will get a PDF tutorial sent to you right away as a thank you.
Shop right here, 24/7.


Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!