Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's a Style Thing -- Have You Got One?

 What kind of card do you tend to make?  Do you like fancy?  Vintage?  Clean?  Simple?


I tend to go with the Clean and Simple category more than anything else.  

This past weekend, I was looking and looking for a challenge to enter.  I needed a birthday card, and I thought I would do double duty by having a challenge and a card making thing at the same time.  


What I found and what I made was anything but clean and simple.  It was very fancy, more layers than I've done in a long time (and I really like my layers, too!), and just too, too much.  I asked my hubby's opinion, and he couldn't believe it was a card I had made.  It just wasn't my style at all.  So I scrapped the whole thing and started over.  Even though I had followed the challenge exactly, it just wasn't "me".

This card, on the other hand, is just my style.  I chose the colors using the Designer Series Paper from Floral District - Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Lucky Limeade, and Daffodil Delight. 
 
 The inside has a great sentiment, too.  It says, "That makes you one in a million."  It's from the One In A Million Stamp Set.
So -- I guess what I would have to say today is, just because it's out there, doesn't mean that it's for you.  You need to do styles that make you comfortable.  Remember, it's good to stretch yourself; you still need to be true to who you are and to what makes you feel good about what you've created.

Here are the details of what I used to make this card - just click on the image for price, name, etc.:



Just click right here to get some great ideas you can make into your own style with my newsletter.  This next newsletter has videos, ideas, and loads of style just for you.  And it's all for free.  

To shop for any of these great stampin' products, just click right here.  You can shop 24/7.   


Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!











 

1 comment:

  1. love your Betsy's blossoms card my friend. miss you and glad you had a great family vacation and a lovely 4th. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!