Friday, June 8, 2012

Everything Will Be Okay In The End - A Challenge


It seems like a white base for cards week for me this week - LOL! 
I just love the saying in this stamp set.  In fact, I think it's the reason I got this stamp set - Pursuit of Happiness.  I thought it was the perfect touch of snarkiness, don't you? 

Well, yesterday, I was visiting my wonderful friend Bev's blog, and she had done color challenge #140 with the ColourQ.  I decided to give it a whirl, too, and this card is the result.  Whatcha think? 

I used the new Daydream Medallions stamp set, the Floral Frames Framelits, along with card stock and ink colors of Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade.  I also made the card in 15 minutes.  There was some dressing up needed, so the Basic Pearls made a showing.  While I was making it, I just kept thinkin' that this is my "everything new" card (except those pearls).
My hubby really liked the card.  In fact, this card got more comments from him that the others this week.
Those framelits are so easy to use, too.  Have you tried them yet?  We used them in the last class I did, and everyone was amazed at how cool they made stuff look - easy, easy, easy.  I'm all about easy and getting my money's worth. 

I've been dealing with a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder and it really makes it so I can't sleep at night.  I wake up with the biggest dark circles under my eyes.  Good thing for makeup, eh?
Honestly, it's the stamping and the relief it gives me from stress that keeps me sane sometimes.  Everyone needs a hobby and stress reliever.  So -- go out there and relieve some stress today.  Stamp something - heck - stamp everything.  It will make you feel much, much better.  It's guaranteed.

My newsletter is also guaranteed to be a stress reliever.  Have you signed up yet?  It's free.  Just click right here.

If you would like to shop Stampin' Up!, just click here 24/7.  It's here for you.  That's guaranteed, too.

Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!


3 comments:

  1. This is a sweet card, Julia, love the medallions set! Thanks for joining us for the first time at the ColourQ, hope you will be back for more fun color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey you cute card but don't you know we get it free at convention? Just wondering. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool way to use these images! So glad Bev "enabled" you to come visit us! I am so glad you played with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!