Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Have You Ever Gotten a Letter and Had Postage Due?


Back when I was a freshman in high school, I went to a camp during a few weeks of the summer.  Afterward, one of my fellow campers sent me a HUGE load of pictures that she had taken during camp - probably about 50 or 60 pics.  There was postage due when the letter arrived at my house.  I'm not sure what she was thinking when she mailed those pics to me . . . the pictures were beginning to fall out of the paper she had wrapped them in to mail them . . . and she only had the barest of postage on the package, kinda as if she felt it was the usual letter.   Have you ever mailed something that had postage due at the end of its route or gotten mail with postage due?  I'm sure I may have done it a time or two myself.



So - on to the card for today:

This card is actually a white-on-white type of card.  The Whisper White is a base for the card, and then the top layer of white is cut 1/4" smaller, stamped and embellished.  Using the Simply Scored, I scored two 1/4" grooves around the entire outside of the top layer of Whisper White.  This added visual interest on a very simple card. Can you see it there?


I haven't done the direct-to-stamp technique with markers for a while, so that's what I did on the largest image in the Postage Due stamp set.  I used Regal Rose, More Mustard, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, and Riding Hood Red.
It was easy going to stamp the other three "postage stamp" images with Basic Gray onto either Whisper White or Riding Hood Red and punch out with the Postage Punch or the 1" Square Punch and embellish with a layer of Basic Gray punched with the Postage Stamp Punch.  Delightful Dozen makes another appearance for the Sentiment in Basic Gray.
Snail Adhesive
Stampin' Dimensionals
Whisper White Card Stock 8-1/2" x 11"


1" Sqaure Punch



Postage Stamp Punch








Neutrals Collection of Stampin' Write Markers





Regals Collection of Stampin' Write Markers




Subtles Collection of Stampin' Write Markers
Postage Due Stamp Set
Delightful Dozen stamp set





















Be sure to sign up for my newsletter.  Just click right here for videos, ideas, and fun to come right to you, in your e-mail.  It's free.  

To shop for any of these great stampin' products, just click right here.  Shopping can happen here anytime, 24/7.   


Thanks so much for stopping by today ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!