This was CASEd from Brenda Keenan. I changed it up to use what I had on hand and also create a gatefold card out of it.
So here we go:
1. Cut a piece of basic black card stock into 8-1/2 x 5-1/2
2. Score the card stock along the 8-1/2" edge at 2-1/8" (I highlighted it with white so it's easier for you to see)
3. Flip the card stock around and score again at 2-1/8" on the other end.
4. So when you fold at the score lines, it will look like this:
5. Cut Whisper White card stock at 8-1/2" x 5-3/8" (Just 1/8" before the 5-1/2" mark)
6. Turn the card stock 90 degrees, and cut two 2" pieces and then one 4-1/8" piece.
7. Adhere the larger piece in the center inside of your scored base. It should fit so that there is a bit of "framing". This is the inside portion of your card.
8. Emboss the two 2" pieces of card stock with the Embossing folder of your choice.
9. Adhere the two embossed pieces to the front of your card.
10. Using the framelit or die cutting tool of your choice (I used hearts), cut out two black pieces.
11. Cut out one smaller piece from a scrap of Whisper White card stock (again, I used hearts).
12. Punch out or cut out a triangle from your scrap of Whisper White card stock.
13. Using the Magnetic Platform (or whatever you have on hand), create a top part of your triangle so it will fit with your theme.
14. Emboss the small heart with an Embossing Folder (I used Perfect Polka Dots)
15. Adhere your Whisper White pieces onto the black bases.
16. Add Dimensionals to the back of the hearts. On the full white heart one, I put the dimensional on the back so that the left front would be able to overlap the front "gatefold" of the card. So the dimensionals on the back were on the left side as I was looking at it. When I turned it over so the hearts were right-side up, the dimensionals were on the right side.
17. I did the opposite with dimensionals on the triangle heart.
18. Adhere the hearts to the card front.
19. Using a piercing tool for ease, pick up "pearls" or whatever embellishment you choose and add to the front of the full heart so that it looks like a dress.
20. I added Candy Dots to the white triangle piece. You could draw on buttons if you choose.
21. Cutting a small piece of black taffeta ribbon, knotted the ribbon simply and cut the ends at an angle. Using a blue dot, adhere above the candy dots or pen buttons for a bow tie.
22. Stamped a sentiment (I used Teeny Tiny Wishes)
23. Punched out the sentiment and adhere to the front of the card with dimensionals. Finished off the endges with a few more pearl embellishments.
The card in White and Black buttons. Love how easy and pretty!
hang out with me on facebook
stay inspired with my newsletter - get a free PDF tutorial
save time and money at my online store.
Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!