Monday, October 28, 2013

Easy Spooktacular Halloween Happiness!

What is better than Halloween Happiness?  Maybe . . . . Spooktacular Halloween Happiness!  Or even better Sppktacular Halloween Happiness that is easy!!

I've got that covered.
Using the single stamp, Halloween Happiness, I made this card in just a matter of minutes.

I saw this cute Spooktacular challenge on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge, and wanted to play along.  Sitting down at my craft table, I saw this Tangerine Tango card stock already cut and folded for a card.  And don't you know, right beside me was also some Whisper White scrap pieces - well, the beginnings of the card was there!!

I hadn't broken out this sweet stamp yet, so I figured it was about time to set it free.  I inked it up with Tangerine Tango ink and then overinked with a Basic Black Marker on the words.  I overinked with the Always Artichoke marker on what I figured would be the "green parts", but strangely enough, the green-type color and orange-type color made a brown-type of color (Whoops!).  Leaving my leaves and stems to both look kinda the same color.  Oh, well.  

I used a Blender Pen to lift the Tangerine Tango off the stems and applied Early Espresso onto the stems, also using the Blender Pen and ink pad.  Note to self - use the blender pen to get the color off the leaves next time, too!!

Embossing the spider web using an Embossing Impressions Folder and my Big Shot took just a couple of seconds.  The whole thing was adhered with SNAIL adhesive and then Candy Dots in the Neutrals color pallette for an added bit of texture.
I'll send this off to my nieces later today.  

Hope you break out something you haven't used for a while or at all today - and have a Spooktacular and Happy Halloween!  Please be sure to check out the other fun creations at Cute Card Thursday.

hang out with me on facebook
stay inspired with my newsletter - get a free PDF tutorial
save time and money at my online store
Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!