Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Can See Clearly Now . . .

I guess that by naming my post something like "I Can See Clearly Now", I'm showing my age, aren't I? Hey -- I can't help it. It is what it is!

I like using the Vintage Clear-Mount Block Background technique because it gives me another great use for the clear-mount blocks that I purchased. If you want to see how to do this technique in person, I'd love to show you and your friends! Just give me a call or shoot me an e-mail, or comment on this post to let me know you are interested. I'll get back to you right away.

After coloring with a marker on the block, it's important to stamp onto a very flat solid surface for best results. For variety, you can create many different background effects by using more than one color of ink. Gotta remember, though, always color from lightest color Stampin’ Write Marker to darkest color.

Another option is to stamp onto a clear-mount block to create a background with solid or line art stamp images. Some good ones to use are the Just Believe stamp set flower with Soft Suede ink.

When you're done, just clean the block off with a soft damp cloth or baby wipe.


Just Believe stamp set; Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, marina Mist and Crumb Cake card stock; Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Marina Mist Stampin' Write Markers; Clear-Mount Blocks "D" and "G"; Marina Mist 3/8" Satin Ribbon; 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon; Silver Brads; Stampin' Dimensionals; Snail adhesive.

Here's the whole card for you. I really like the look of the two ribbons together. This is something that I don't do very often, but I love how it turned out!! Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!