Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thinking of You

It has been such a crazy week so far. I was called in to work at the law firm this week, and so I feel like I'm so rushed when I get home. It's nice to be back at the office, though. I feel very appreciated when I'm there. It's amazing how much I've forgotten! The things I've forgotten are pretty nutty, too -- like how to clock in, how to get a document from Word into PDF format -- simple things. At least I thought they were so simple that I never wrote them down in my notebook. Those things are in my notebook now -- just in case it's another couple of months before they need a sub, and I have to remember all over again!!!

Anyway -- I remember how to watercolor at least! I love, love, love using those watercolor crayons. I feel like I have so much control over the color, method, and all that kinda stuff. With this card, I used the direct to paper technique with the crayon. I put different amounts of color on each flower and then pulled the color either down or up, depending on where I had put it on the flower. This method created a more varied look, more natural look with the flowers.

I also used the blender pen with this card. In most of the other cards where I was using the watercolor crayons the other day, I used the Aqua Pens. With this card, I used the blender pen. I just love how the card turned out, don't you?

Sincere Salutations and Flower Fancy stamp sets; StazOn Black Ink; Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive Watercolor Crayons; Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Basic Black card stock; Wide Oval punch; 5/8" Black Satin ribbon; Snail adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals.

I was drawing an absolute blank when I was trying to come up with the names of the stamp sets that I used on this card. How crazy is that? I've had these and used them a ton -- still had to go grab the sets to see what they were called. I'm gonna chalk it up to a busy day at the office before blogging.

Note to self -- maybe I should blog earlier in the day . . . well, that's not gonna happen!! At least not while I'm gone all day. (Sigh)

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look. Hope you keep on Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!