Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Four Cards From One Base - That's Versatility

Remember this card base from yesterday's post? I made six of them. I changed each one up a bit by adding a diffeent sentiment. It's different in both style of font, wording, etc.

Using Marina Mist and the Circle Scissors Plus, we've got a nice circle cut out for the 2-1/2" Circle punched Very Vanilla piece. The stamp set used here is the Thoughts and Prayers. Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight Markers were used to color the image on the stamp. When I was done coloring, I just breathed on the stamp, giving it the "breath of life", and it was ready to stamp. I like this image on this base. I think it looks classy and can be used for a variety of events: birthday, thinking of you, sympathy, whatever.

This one is fun and is, of course, for a birthday. It's the stamp set called "Take the Cake", I believe. I colored in the blocked word using a Blender Pen and the Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight classic ink pads. The card stock is, again, Marina Mist and Very Vanilla. I rounded the corners of the sentiment blocks using the 1" circle punch. I really like using the punches like that.

This is a special card I made for a special friend. The stamp set is the Seriously Something or other. I think it has the cutest sayings. As soon as I figure out the real name of the stamp set, I'll post it. I colored the image using a Blender Pen, Marina Mist and Early Espresso classic ink pads.

This one is my husband's fave. I think the colors look fantastic together. Again, the direct-to-stamp technique was used to color the image. Stampin' Write markers of Riding Hood Red and Early Espresso were used to "brush" the color onto the stamp, give it the "breath of life", stamp, and you're good to go. The words "With Sympathy" are from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and stamped in Early Espresso.

Once I did this image, it was my favorite for the card, and I created the last of the cards with it, switching out the words in the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set so I had a variety of sentiments, but the same image for the rest of the cards. This card is going to my in-law's mailbox.


And this card will be sent off to another family member.


One card base and six different cards. That's a lot of versatility. And great value.


Have you switched things up in your life today? Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!