Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Secret of Life

Do you know what the secret of life is?

James Taylor says that it's Enjoying the Passing of Time.  Do you agree?

Well . . . I'd have to say that it's probably one of the secrets of life anyway.
There are some super glittery butterflies on this card today!  

I did those butterflies with that fabulous Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I curved the wings out and down for    3-D effect. 

Tip: A wonderful benefit of Crystal Effects is the fact that it's pliable after it's dry.  Many products that do somewhat the same things as Crystal Effects does not do that.  Those other product will crack when you try to manipulate them after they're dry.  You can even use Crystal Effects for flower petals and then slightly curl the petals afterward -- wonderful!! It will stay just as you have maneuvered it and not crack a bit!  Very versatile stuff.
There was paper piecing and paper piercing used on this sentiment part of the card.  
What I used:
Stamp sets - Papillon Potpourri, From My Heart, Everything Eleanor; Inks - Night of Navy, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso; Card Stock - Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Night of Navy; Regals Paper Patterns Pack; Punches - Postage Stamp, Elegant Butterly, and 1" Square; Big Shot; Apothecary Accents Framelits; Paper Snips; SNAIL Adhesive; Crystal Effects; Dazzling Diamonds; Blender Pens; Paper-Piercing Tool; Stampin' Pierce Mat; Essentials Paper-Piercing pack.

Whew!  That's a bunch of stuff!  And it all comes together so nicely.  Probably the most I've used on one card in a while.  It all began with making some butterflies and then deciding that they had to live on a card.  

This is such a peaceful hobby/pastime.  I love the quiet time I get to spend in my stamping studio.  I come out of that place a happier person.

Hope you have something in your life that makes you a happier person.  
You can be happier with my free newsletter; click right here.

To order Stampin' Up! go to my online store.  
Thanks so much for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!