Wednesday, September 6, 2023

You've Got a Friend In Me

 Today's card is such a charmer - and I love it for all the things you cannot see as well as the things you can see.

The first step with this card was using a giant post-it note and cutting a large circle in it.  Using the cut-out circle, I adhered it to the cardstock and used blending brushes for soft water and sunny sky colors.  The sweet "floatie" was paper pieced.  So adorable. And I used alcohol markers for all the fun coloring.  

Two challenges are being entered today - the Inkspirational word prompt of Clothing/Closet because of the adorable hat on this Silly Goose.


And also Sketch Saturday with the gorgeous sketch they put up this week.  Love, love, love this sketch.  


Somehow, I managed to make a mess out of the sentiment, and then had to cover it up and redo it - so glad I did, though, because then I thought, "Hey, I can enter this into the Sketch Saturday challenge!"  Before that inky mistake, I had thought the card would be taking a different direction design-wise.


And then I also managed to drag my finger through the black ink and make a smudge - so that meant the other circle went onto the card - but that was perfect to go with the sketch also - so - you can see why I am loving this card for what is not visible as well as what is easy to see.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you get inky!



3 comments:

  1. It all turned out fabulous in the end, so cute and a perfect take on our sketch!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
    Diane SS DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Sketch Saturday}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card design with all the circles Julia - pretty colors - and fun ducky in her finest hat! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cheerful design and fun use of circles. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!