Sunday, September 3, 2023

Labor Day Goosebumps with Freshly Made Sketches

 Happy Labor Day weekend here in the United States.  


When I did a Google search so I could define Labor Day, I found:  "Observed the first Monday in September, Labor Day is an annual celebration of the social and economic achievements of American workers. The holiday is rooted in the late nineteenth century, when labor activists pushed for a federal holiday to recognize the many contributions workers have made to America’s strength, prosperity, and well-being."

When I was growing up, my dad used Labor Day as a day to get us children to do more work around the house and yard.  He would say something to the effect of, "After all, it's Labor Day - so you may as well do some labor around here."

I'm sure he was being silly because he always strongly encouraged us to help around the house.  However, it's one of the things that always comes to mind first for me when Labor Day comes around.
Today's card is such a fun treat created with a new favorite stamp set, Silly Goose.  I received this stamp set in the mail on Friday and could hardly wait to put it to use.  When I discovered the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with both the sketch and the stamp set.
I love it when that happens - and I think the card turned out perfectly!  I felt like the lighter color was sand and the blue was water behind the geese.  I'm so excited to get this card out to my friend who is doing an incredible mom job with her two sons.  She deserves a fist bump (or a goose bump), for sure!
I'm really pumped that you stopped by today.  Hopefully, you will be able to labor on making a card or two or at least some fun project to get your fingers inky!


6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card! I just love those geese! They're so cute! That paper is fantastic as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love thee geese! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design - love how the geese pop against the darker background. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!