Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What I Love

What I Love is a beautiful three-step stamp set available during 
Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration event.  It's one I hadn't 
broken out yet - so when our younger son asked 
me to create some thank-you cards for him, I decided "it was time".  
After all, when your mom makes your cards all the time, you 
don't even think about going to the store to get one - you 
simply ask mom to mail some to you at college!!  Oh, I love that he asked 
me to make them...then there's the interesting challenge of making cards
 that are "masculine" enough that a 19-year-old male will 
feel okay sending them.

 was absolutely perfect for his thank-you cards!  I chose Cajun Craze,
 Basic Black, and Hello Honey with the neutral color of Very Vanilla 
thrown in to keep it clean and simple.  After all, not too many 
guys want lots of frills and embellishments.

I made two of the cards, included envelopes (as well as two postage 
stamps), and mailed them off to his dorm room.  He's going to 
enjoy getting some "happy mail" from mom this week, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by ~ hope you get inky today.

4 comments:

  1. oh, i just love all the contrasting layers and the simplicity of the front panel. It's stunning! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It? –Elizabeth Jeanne (Happy Stamper)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the CAS feel of your design! Beautiful! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Love the simple layers and colour combo :). Thanks for joining us this week at CYCI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! love the use of washi tape and the layers! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!