Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Being Thankful

Being thankful can be difficult.  When I look it up 
online, it's defined as:
"pleased and relieved, expressing gratitude and 
relief, being grateful and appreciative."
 And, of course, there are many things we're grateful to have - a home, the ability to have fun crafting, stuff like that.  Inspiration - like online card challenges - always creates a thankful heart in me.  It's so much easier to think up ideas when you have a springboard to use.
For my cards today, I used the Fusion Card Challenge 
where you can use a sketch and/or a photo for your inspiration piece.  I did the sketch.  
And also the Can You Case It? Challenge where the colors were browns, greens, and neutrals.
I tend to make cards that are probably best described as "clean" - not a lot of embellishments, and plenty of space for the eye to rest.  
I am giving these cards to some of my stamper customers/friends to thank them for stamping with me.

At first, I had in mind to put lots of designer papers and stuff like that on this card.  I began to look through my stash and none of the papers satisfied what I had in mind.  I pulled out my collection of masks and began to sort through them and play a bit.  After getting started, I felt like the texture of the fun circles, the layers, and the sponged masking was plenty, deciding to keep the vanilla layers "clean" to keep the card from being overwhelming.  I love how sponging ink through a mask creates great shades of color and interest.

Hope you have a fabulous day and lots of reasons to be thankful!  Thanks for stopping by ~
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

7 comments:

  1. This masking is fabulous and the colours works so well. Thanks for joining Fusion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandie! I adore masking. Fusion has such wonderful and inspiring challenges.

      Delete
  2. Julia, wonderfully done! Love the texture of the layers! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your card!! Great use of the colors and the different layering!! :) Thanks for joining us at CYCI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool layers Julia! So glad you joined in the fun this fortnight @ Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love all those clean lines!! Thanks so much playing along with us at Fusion.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've used the sketch, Julia! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!