Thursday, July 16, 2015

Swapping Lovely As a Tree and Open Sea

Are you familiar with the stamp set "Lovely As a Tree"?

It's a stamp set that has been around for - I don't know - longer than I've been with Stampin' Up!  It's a stamp set that many people claim is a 'go-to' for them.

I use it sometimes, but not an awful lot.  And since it's been around forever, I (of course) have it in my stamping arsenal.  
Fabulous colors for a masculine card - perfect for graduation thank yous!
I had to make lots and lots of thank-you cards for my sons recently (one graduated from high school and the other was given gifts of money to help him with a study abroad program in Spain).  

This is one of the thank-you cards I made using the Lovely As A Tree stamp set.  

Just like I suggested in yesterday's post, I googled the stamp set name, selected "images", and this unbelievably-perfect-for-my-purposes card was one of them!  

So I CASEd it (Copy And Share Everything).  What a great card.  So quick and easy!  Love, love, love.

I really liked the layout, too, so I decided to see what could be done with that same layout and different stamp sets:
This card has a great masculine color scheme and was for the son who traveled to Spain.
So, you can see it has a different color scheme, (a Very Vanilla background paper) different stamp sets, but basically the same idea.  

It's so much fun to take a simple idea and expand on it.  

Hope you get inky today!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!