Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Renovations and Watercolor Wishes

The new Watercolor Wishes card kit from Stampin' Up! is so popular that it's been put on backorder once already!  

I ordered mine after some of the hoopla had died down, and I'm so glad I ordered it!  Holy Moly!  The cards you can make with this kit are adorable and super, duper easy.  Just what I need.

I made this card for my brother's birthday.  
Love the colors and sentiments in this kit!
I decorated the envelope and inside of the card with the candle image from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set in Night of Navy ink.
What a great card kit!  Now I'll always have what I need for quick cards - until I use it all up!!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


We're also going through a crazy time here at our house - a kitchen renovation!  Whoa!  

I come home and clean, clean, clean.  It's amazing how dusty everything gets - and we're only on day two!  We have a very small kitchen (9 x 9), so we've been told everything should be done in two weeks.  I keep telling myself that I can do anything for two weeks.

Here's what's happening so far:
This was as I was leaving for work 7-20-15 - notice the lovely green carpet built into the parquet flooring of the dining area.
Here is what the same area looked like when I got home on 7-20-15.  Apparently where the frig had been standing, underneath the parquet floor, there was a big hole in the floor.  They patched it up with plyboard and screws.  How scary!

Here's inside the kitchen area where the stove and wall oven used to be.  There have been so many surprises with this house.  

So they'd laid the subflooring by the time I got home from work on 7-21-15.  The planks for the floors are leaned up against the brick and taking over the hallway.  
It's gonna be great to have a dishwasher - so exciting to see everything unfold.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by - hope you get inky today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!