Friday, March 6, 2015

Lovely Amazing You

What do you do when inspiration just eludes you?
For me - I use our trusty friend, Google!
I had this beautiful stamp set, Lovely Amazing You,
magically delivered to my home yesterday.  My fingers just itched 
to create something with it ... only I couldn't think of
anything!  Oh, my!
 
Never fear - I CASEd this card from one I found using Google, and
I just love it!  I'm sending it to my in-laws today, and I can think of
many variations to make now that I've gotten to enjoy
using this stamp set.  It's fantastic!
I substituted a few things on this card - mostly, though,
it's like the one I found on the Internet.  And there was no watermark
on the one I found on the Internet - lesson here, be sure to mark
your cards before you upload them.
Sadly, I can't enter this into any challenges today since this
cute card's not an original. 
Love the card, no matter what.  I think it's classy looking.
Stamping Tips:
  • This is a photopolymer stamp set - Stampin' Up! comes out with a new one every month, and this was February's.  When you're stamping with a photopolymer stamp set, I have heard many people in YouTube videos say that you should put a mat underneath your art space so you have some "give" when stamping.  Sometimes I do that with my photopolymer stamps, and sometimes I don't.  There doesn't seem to be the one perfect way to do the stamping for every single stamp set.  I would advise trying it both with a pad underneat your art space and also stamping without it to see how your stamp set works the best.  Trial and error, my friends, trial and error.
  • Sometimes Washi Tape wants to curl off of your project.  Burnish it with a bone folder or whatever burnishing tool you use.  That will help it stick to your project better.
  • Remember, when your base card stock is dark, it's helpful to adhere a light-colored card stock inside your card for a writing space.  This is a perfect place for further embellishment and will help your card look more "finished".
Hope you have a chance to get inky today ~ thanks so much for stopping by ~
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!