Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sponge Technique Serene Silhouettes

Using techniques keeps crafting fun and interesting, 
don't you think?  
for an Emboss Resist technique on this card.  
It's good to constantly challenge yourself 
and do something that makes you a bit uncomfortable.  
So, utilizing a Sponging Technique on this card, 
the image was stamped on in Versamark (#102283
and then I used Clear Embossing Powder - 
you could use 
White Embossing Powder if you want (#109132)
the image is stamped on the 2" x 4-1/2""art piece" 
was what I grabbed here.  
The 1" Circle Punch (#119868) was used to punch 
a Post-It Note on the sticky side was then 
a mask to create the sun with a sponge in 
After that, the punched-out circle was used 
to protect my sun while I did the rest of the coloring.
Stampin' Sponges were used to apply 
and then the Bermuda Bay (#131171) inks 
in a circular motion beginning with the 
lightest color and then adding on the colors 
in order of shade, ending with the darkest.  
I wanted the sun to look like it was creating shadows, 
so the darker color was kept on the side of 
the "art piece" away from the sun.  
When you've added the color you want, 
just wipe off the embossed image with a tissue to clean it.  
I did the same thing with the small butterfly 
#123759 - clear) stamp set. and then punched
it out with the Small Butterfly Punch.
To add distressing, I splattered water on the art piece 
using my Aqua Painter and blotted with a tissue.  
While that dried, I embossed a 
larger piece 3-5/8" x 5"of 
with another image from the 
Serene Silhouettes stamp set - 
you can easily skip this step, though, 
and the card is still just beautiful.
Bermuda Bay (#131197) card stock 
cut in 3-3/4" x 5" for the middle white 
piece mat and 2-1/8" x 4-1/2" mat for 
the art piece framed the card nicely 
and add a great pop of color.  
were used to put the card together on the 
Whisper White base cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".
The Butterfly was adhered with a 
was added to the flowers on the art piece.

Finally, I used the Bitty Banners Framelits (#129267) 
to die cut a "Happy Birthday" sentiment 
and adhere that to the front of the card 
with a Dimensional behind the "birthday" 
and Snail behind the "happy" 
so it was even on the card.

Whew!  So many steps for a really simple card.  
Layering, folks!  That's the key on this cutie!!

Hope you like it.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  
Please let me know if you have any questions.
This card was CASEd from Stamping and Blogging.

save time and money at my online store.  I'm here to help.
Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!