Monday, December 23, 2013

Whew - Christmas Cards!

Whew!  We got them out in the mail!!  Yay!  And it's not Christmas yet!  This has to be a record!

LOL.  Since I make cards for a living, you would think I have this down pat, but - no!  Every year, I have problems getting the cards I want out on time.

We did okay this year, though.  So happy . . . .
 This is how I began to do this card - took a while, though.  It's a cool technique that I saw on the Stamping and Blogging website.  Love that website.  Lots of fabulous tips.  I recommend it; you have to pay to get the tips, etc.  Worth the price in my opinion, but you'll have to see what you think.
I used a variety of stamps on this and heat embossed them with white embossing powder.
 I made it easier on myself by simplifying to this style.  Same colors, using a sponge still.  Used the lightest ink color in the middle and worked my way out with darker and then darkest on the outside.
 I just love this card.  I tried to use every Christmas stamp I have in one way or another on my cards this year.  This is so stinking cute!  And I decided to use up that embellishment.  After all, that's why it was purchased - to be used!
 The paper is so pretty.  Used the Best of Snow stamp set.
 Used the Gold Foil on this one.  I wanted to have a more religious card, too.  Used the Best of Christmas stamp set.
 I soon ran out of the foil and then used the Champagne Glimmer paper.  Very glitzy.
Another great idea from the Stamping and Blogging website.  Love that place.  Just great ideas that I can just take and run with it.  This is using the Everything Eleanor stamp set, that I never would have thought "Christmas", but it works extraordinarily well here, don't you think?
Lots of sparkly Embossing Powder, too, using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  Such a pretty card.

Hope you enjoyed!
hang out with me on facebook
stay inspired with my newsletter - get a free PDF tutorial
save time and money at my online store

Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!