Thursday, August 29, 2013

Debunked - 4 Myths of Card Making

Here are 4 Myths to card making you should know . . . . 

1.  It's hard
     No way!  It's easy.  All you need is paper, stamps and ink.  Sometimes you don't even need all three of those items.  

2.  I have to come up with new ideas for my cards all the time
     No way!  That's what CASEing (Copy And Share Everything) is all about.  Just find an idea that appeals to you and work with it.

Like this card's layout --
This layout is from the  latest Paper Players Sketch Challenge.
Can you see the elements from the card to the sketch Challenge?  So you just find a layout that appeals to you, which is so easy in this day and age of computer-ness.

3.  Choosing colors is just about the hardest thing there is.  Or -- What?  Choose colors?  I can't think of any.
      Well, then you either find a color challenge, look around the room you're in for something with color and imitate it as best you can, or use a tool like the Color Coach.  I used the Color Coach to find this combination of Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green and Smoky Slate.

4.  It's too expensive to make my own cards
    Whoo, boy!  Have you seen the price of gas lately?  One of the things I like best about card making is the fact that everything is at my disposal, ready to go.  I can make what I want, when I want.  
     No need to go anywhere but to my creative space, which varies.  Sometimes it's the kitchen counter, the dining room table, the basement, in front of the TV in the living room - well, I'm sure you get the picture.
     And everything is delivered to my door, no need to get in the car and go anywhere.  My friendly UPS person delivers all my supplies right to me.  Can't beat it!
This is the card I made for my dad's birthday that is later this week.  It got popped into the mail to him today.  Hope he enjoys it!

I really enjoyed playing along with the Paper Players Sketch Challenge.  Please be sure to check out the other cards there.

Stamp Sets:  Perfectly Penned (#128703 - wood; #122892 - clear) and Oh, Hello (#131931 - wood; #130733 - clear)
Inks - Pool Party (#126982); Smoky Slate (#131179) and Garden Green (#126973);
Card Stock - Whisper White (#100730); Pear Pizzazz (#131201), Pool Party (#122924) and Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stacks (#130132);
Other Nifty Stuff - Chevron Border Punch (#132154), Stamping Sponges (#101610); Big Shot (#113439); Ovals Collection Framelits (#129381); Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (#101049); SNAIL adhesive (#104332), and Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430).

hang out with me on facebook
stay inspired with my newsletter
save time and money at my online store. 

Now get out there a debunk some myths of your own!  Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!