Friday, July 12, 2013

Washi Tape Fake

I love the new Washi tape trend . . . ok, ok.  It's probably not really new, but it is to me.  Maybe it's new to you, too!
Anyway, I just got a new online class being offered by Stampin' Up! about Washi Tape, but I hardly have any.  And anyway, the colors of Washi tape I had on hand just weren't what I was feeling when I set about making some cards the other day.  So I faked it.
I cut strips of the Garden Gingham Designer Series Paper and used them instead of Washi tape on this card.  What do you think?
And my theory is, if you're going to make one, you may as well make two!
I used the Whisper White card stock as a backing, and then layered the "Washi Tape" strips onto it as a guide for the size I wanted.  I stamped the sentiment in the middle (one is the Lots of Thanks stamp set) and then kept layering the strips until my card stock was filled.  I trimmed off any excess with my paper trimmer.

After that, all that was needed was some layering with coordinating card stocks - and there was an easy-peasy card!  Love it when things come together this easy, don't you?

You can easily shop at my online store
Signing up for my newsletter is free and right here.
Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia Sue. Just popped over from Bev's blog. Love your blog. Going to save into favourites. You have some quick and clever ideas. Always what I am looking for these days. Well done on the Faux Washi Tape Card. I love the Gingham Garden dsp. Beautiful country walk you have near your home. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!