Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How To Create Beautiful Clouds - Step by step

Do you know how to create clouds with your stamping?  It's easy.
Here's a step-by-step on how to create these cool and beautiful clouds . . .

1.  Stamp the image you're using with your sky onto your card stock (I used Whisper White - #100730) to give yourself reference as to how far your sky should go on the card - I used Raspberry Ripple ink (#126859) and the Timeless Talk stamp set (#126605 - wood, #126607 - clear).

2.  Using the 2-3/8" Circle Scallop Punch (#118874), punch out two circle scallops.


3.  And then tape them together, slightly overlapping, as shown below, to create your cloud "template".

4.  Using a Stamping Sponge (101610) cut into wedges, use one wedge that is "tapped" into the Tempting Turquoise ink - or another color you think is good for a sky.  My personal favorite is Tempting Turquoise (#126952).

5.  Tap the sponge into your color and then get rid of a bit using a circular motion onto your scrap/grid paper.  This helps get rid of "rough" edges of color on your sky,

6.  Then place your cloud template where you want to begin for your sky.  Using a circular motion, adhere some color above your template and onto your "sky".

7.  Move the template a bit and continue the process.

8.  Continue moving your template down your card and add the sky color in a circular motion, taking care to place your template at different angles so the look is inconsistent and doesn't have a pattern of any sort.


9.  The image you stamped on earlier will help you know when to stop.

10.  And then I put some ground under my wheels (Pear Pizzazz - #131180).  You use whatever works with the image you stamped.

11.  I like to finish off with sponging all around the edges of the card.  I think it gives a polished look to your art.

That's it!

I used some Raspberry Ripple 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126845) as an embellishment and did 25 of these cards for our Vacation Bible School's thank you notes to leaders of the event.

Those are a lot of cards!
And each one is unique!

Just like you!  Show me your cards - I'd love to see what you did.

You can shop for Stampin' Up goodies at my online store

You can sign up for my free newsletter right here.
As always, thanks for stopping by today ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!