Monday, June 17, 2013

Just for Dad

Hope all those dads out there had a great day that was just for dad.  At our house, our boys have set off on a mission trip, so they celebrated early with their dad on the Friday before at noon.  Their dad came home for lunch, and the boys uncovered his gift and spent some time with him.
See?  Here is the entire group going on the mission trip, posing together right before they left.  Our boys are the second and third from the right in the front, kneeling.  The older one has a hat on.  Here's to praying they stay safe and have lots of fun.

Anyway . . .  back to the card for Father's Day!  I made a couple of these cards that I CASEd from Sandi McIver.  Of course, I didn't have all the stuff she did, so I made do with the goodies that I had on hand using her general idea.
A little sweater vest with buttons and bow tie!  I had a lot of fun with these, making sure to add depth with lots of sponging on all the sides of everything, pretty much.  I'm so happy with the way it turned out.
What I used:
Stamp Set - Delightful Dozen;
Ink - Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse;
Punches:  Extra-Large Oval, 1" Square and 3/4" Circle.
Card Stock - Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse, Naturals Ivory.
Big Shot, Lattice Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Stampin' Sponges, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread. SNAIL adhesive, Mini Glue Dots.

Cute, huh?  Lots of fun to make this whimsical Father's Day card.  Hope you had lots of fun and whimsy on your Father's Day.  Remember, if you like a card or project you see on my blog, feel free to change it up with what you have on hand.  Use colors you have, stamps that you have.  It doesn't have to be exact.  These are just ideas to help you with your projects.

That being said, you can always shop for any Stampin Up! supply you need at my online store
Signing up for my newsletter is free right here.
As always, thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!