Thursday, June 27, 2013

Best Way to Make a Negative Image

Want another hot trend tip?

Negative images.

What's that?

Well, it's when you do layering, but not layering on top of something.  You are making the image on the bottom of something.
This is an example that I showed on this blog post:
You can see there are layers, and they are underneath, not layered one on top of the other.
Here's the best easy way to do a negative image.  Really, it's super easy because it's only one cut:
Using Gumball Green ink on Gumball Green card stock, the Hello Doily image was stamped, slightly offset from the center.  Then using the Circles Collection Framelits, the Framelit was centered on the image and run through the Big Shot.  Then the Naturals White card stock was placed underneath, in the middle of the card, the sentiment stamped on it, and then the Naturals White was adhered.

Tip - I waited until I was done stamping my Bermuda Bay inked Occasions Alphabet sentiment through my cut-out circle because that way if I messed up the stamping, I could turn the card stock over and use the other side (no wasting here!)
The new Bermuda Bay Designer paper from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stacks was used for the bright strip of pattern you see here.  Then there's just a tiny strip of Raspberry Ripple across the bottom.  A bit of Linen Thread and a Vintage Faceted Button adhered with glue dots finishes the card beautifully.

You can shop for Stampin' Up! goodness at my online store
Sign up for my free newsletter is right here.
Thanks so very much for stopping by today ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!