Friday, March 15, 2013

It's the Maine Thing - Scrapbooking

Whoo Boy!  Where do you want to go for vacation?

Do you have a favorite spot?  Do you have somewhere you go every year?  Or maybe you're the type who's saving up for something really special.  Maybe you're happy with a "staycation".

A few years ago, our family headed to Maine.

I scrapbooked a bit of it at Stamper's Club when we took a really great card and also used it as a springboard to begin a scrapbook page.

So here's the card:
And here's the page:

It was a vacation full of adventure.  We rode on the four-masted Margaret Todd
 Love those pennants for a bit of a fun!
 Saw lots of Atlantic Puffin when we went whale watching.  What a rainy, windy time that was!!  I never saw so many people get seasick at one time  before in my life -- and I hope I never see so many seasick at one time again, ever!  Still, the Puffin were so much smaller than I had thought they would be.  Don't they look kinda like penguins?
 Here's a shot we had taken right before our ride on the Margaret Todd:
 I love the Notes wheel.  I think this strip ties in the card and the pictures beautifully, don't you?

We also went kayaking on the Atlantic while we were in Maine, not to mention hiking around the Bubbles.  Bar Harbor is a wonderful place.  We ate seafood and blueberries to our hearts' content.  Without a doubt, a great place to go back.
What I used:

Card stock:  Real Red, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black

Stamps:  Aviary, Pennant Parade, Notes wheel

Inks:  Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Basic Gray, Basic Black

Punch:  Pennant Builder Punch

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - you can sign up for my free newsletter right here.  

Shopping is convenient for you at my online store.  

As always - hanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!