Monday, February 11, 2013

Pretty Lovin' - Valentine Idea

I cannot believe it -- today is our older son's 19th birthday!  How crazy is that?  For me, that's pretty nuts.  I remember so clearly when he was born, so I'm havin' a hard time realizing that he can possibly be 19 already.  I think I'm getting a feel for how it must be for my parents!

So -- happy birthday, sweetie!  May you enjoy many, many more.
I began on the Valentine cards, of course, and I want to share them with you this week that has Valentine's Day in it.  
This is one of my favorites, and I CASEd it from Michelle Zindorf.
Super easy to make, and the colors are great 'cuz they're different for a Valentine's Day card.  Oh, I know . . . the pink is right up there with the typical stuff; however, the use of Early Espresso and the River Rock just help this card stand out -- in my opinion.  What do you think?
The Antique Brad has a nice touch, too.

What I used:
Stamp Set - You are Loved (#123777 - w/ #123779 - c)
Card Stock - Early Espresso (#119686); Pretty In Pink (# 100459); and River Rock (#108640)
Inks - Early Espresso    Pretty In Pink (#126955); Melon Mambo (#126948) and Raspberry Ripple (#126859)
Punch - Modern Label (#119849)
Misc. - White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Heat Tool (#129053); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Folder (#119976); Brayer (#102395); Stamping Sponges (#101610), SNAIL Adhesive Refill (#104331); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430).

The sponging around the Pink image before it was adhered to the River Rock really helps set the image apart from the rest of the card. Details, details, details.

Hope all the details go well for you today.

You can sign up for my newsletter right here.  

Shopping for all you need to make this card can happen on my online store.  

Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!