Thursday, December 13, 2012

Watercoloring My Winter

Here's a really cute and funny video from Stampin' Up!  
Isn't that cute?  And the card they were making?  Love it.  Gotta CASE that baby.  

I also love this card that we made at a Christmas Card get-together at my house.
 Isn't it pretty?  The simplicity is great.  I CASEd this cutie from Robin Messenheimer.  She has great layouts.  Thanks, Robin, for sharing.
The Stamp Set is a 2-Step Stamping one where I stamped the outline first and then did the fill of the card by stamping the image on the ink pad, stamped it on scrap paper, and then stamped it on my outlined image.  That's the technique that made it lighter.  I also colored in the center with a marker, as you can see.

What I used:
Stamp sets - Watercolor Winter (#129724 wood, #129727 clear) and Greetings of the Season (#128030 wood, #128033 Clear); Card stock - Very Vanilla (#101650)Lucky Limeade(#122926), and Real Red (#102482); Stampin' Write Marker in Daffodil Delight (#119677); Ink - Real Red - (#126949); Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (retired now), SNAIL (#104332 and #104331 Refill); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430).

It's good stuff.  And, you know, layering makes cards look fancy, even when they aren't.  It's a fun trick to use over and over again.

You'll learn other easy tricks when you sign up for my free newsletter right here.  I'll send you a PDF tutorial as a thank you.
You can always shop at my online store for any Stampin' Up! items you need, including those used for this beautiuous card.

I'm going to cozy up with a hot chocolate and get in my jammies a little early tonight.  I'm not feeling too swift, so the extra pampering may help me feel a little better.  
Hope your day is fantabulous.  Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!