Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Composition Thank You


What an extra crazy and busy day!!  I spent most of my time hunting down foreign patents and linking them with English summaries and then printing them off (double-sided, of course) and also saving them on the computer for one of the attorneys I work for to have and review.  It was very painstaking work and took almost the entire day.  I was handed sheets of single-spaced pages of patents to find - many of them were U.S., so that wasn't a problem -- but the foreign -- yeesh!!  

The good news -- I found every single one of them.  And I was doing a pretty good happy dance when the entire job was done!  Finally able to move on to doing other things!  Yay!  Well . . . it's a job and a good one, so I'll take the tedious work along with the more fun stuff, right?

I spent a lot of the day getting ready for friends to come over for Stamper's Club, too.  That's always so much fun, and we had a blast.  Here's one of the cards that we made:

What we used:
Stamp Set - Just Believe; card stock - Natural Compositions Specialty Designer Series Paper; Naturals Ivory, Midnight Muse, Early Espresso, Inks - Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Elegant Eggplant (is that it's name?), Punches - 1-1/4" Circle and Word Window, Linen Thread; Stampin' Sponges.

Tips - try creating sets of cards with different color combinations, themes, and stamp sets for many personal styles.

Try these ideas or some of your own:
  • ·         Color the Natural Compositions Specialty Designer Series Paper with Stampin’ Write Markers for a bold, colorful look.
  • ·         Use bleach in the Aqua Painter and paint the images in the Compositions Specialty Designer Series Paper. Once the bleach dries, the painted areas turn a softer vanilla color that creates a beautiful monochromatic look.
  • ·         Re-create this card using your favorite Designer Series Paper and coordinating card stock. Or make a gift by customizing the colors to match your friends’ favorite colors or styles.
  • ·         Tie a ribbon around these great cards and give them as gifts to friends, neighbors, teachers, and co-workers.
  • ·         Re-create this in any theme and color by heat embossing your favorite stamp images with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
  • ·         Step up the card and add more detail with ribbon, brads, or buttons.

 There are lots of possibilities!  Enjoy!
  You can get a FREE tutorial about Resist Techniques right here.
You can enjoy my newsletter when you sign up right here.  I'll send you a PDF tutorial as a thank you.
And you can shop for these goodies omy online store.

I can tell that I've got to hit the sack - I can't spell worth a darn anymore and I keep messing up my typing.

Thanks, as always, for stopping by today ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!