Friday, November 30, 2012

A Word For You

Are you having a good day?  

Mine has barely begun.  I usually post at night, but last night was too crazy, so when I got up at 5:30 this morning, I nabbed my camera, went down to my stamping area, snagged the card I made last night, and began to take pictures of it to share with you this morning!  
I saw a similar card on Robin Merriman's blog and liked it a lot, so I CASEd it (the highest form of card flattery).  I wanted to tweak this little baby into a Christmas card somehow.  I couldn't quite figure it out with these colors and then - of all things - I dreamed about this card and (lo and behold!) came up with a way to create a Christmas card out of this design  - at least in my sleep. 
I don't know for certain sure that it will work -- it was, after all, a dream; however, I'll give it a whirl when I get home from work today.

The base of the card is Crumb Cake with a layer of the Comfort Cafe DSP ripped and sponged with Crumb Cake Ink.  Then it's topped with a layer of Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock that I embossed with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and my Big Shot.  The bottom was also torn and sponged with the Crumb Cake ink.  The sentiment is from A Word For You stamp set.

I used the Flower punch with the First Edition DSP, topped with four layers of the Crumb Cake Tulle that was cut out with the Flower Framelits, next to smallest size.  I punched the 1-1/4" Scallop Punch and inserted an Antique Brad in the middle.  I tied a bit of Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon around the middle and called it good.

Stop dreaming about getting stampin' news and make it a reality by signing up for my free newsletter right here.  Lots of ideas will be at your fingertips.  I'll send you a free PDF tutorial as a thank you.

You can shop my online store any time you want.  No lines.  No hassle.  Just great crafting stuff.  24/7.  Really.

Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!