Monday, October 29, 2012

Trying New Things

How have you felt when you managed to accomplish something that you never, ever thought you would do?

I did something that I never thought I'd do this weekend, and I can tell you that it has made me feel really, really good.  

I went to a weekend-long camp with my 16-year-old son to become certified in teaching rifle (the 4-H way) to my 4-H club.  We worked with air rifles, and it was so much fun!!  I've never shot anything like this before in my life, and I had a super great time.  I met more people who are interested in firearms that I ever would have thought in my life . . . they were good people and full of fun.

So now I'm certified and I know about the safety I want to teach the youth in our club -- I'm read and raring to go!!

While I was at the event over the weekend, of course I had to take some crafting stuff with me because -- well, just because.
I hardly took any supplies with me because I didn't think I'd have much time or room, and I didn't.  I took a few packs of 12x12 paper (Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse, First Edition Specialty Paper, and the Regals Designer Paper Pack) one ink pad  (Midnight Muse), my paper piercer Paper-Piercing Mat, and Silver Brads.  The two Stamp sets I grabbed and then used in this quick card were the Countryside and Little Friends.  I had one punch with me, the Word Window.  The only other two items used to make this card were SNAIL adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals.

Now is this a sign that I'm addicted or what?  Not even able to go to a camp for a couple of days without some project to create!!  Oh well . . . kept me busy and happy, and that's worth something right there!!
I'm sending this card to the coordinator of the camp because it's important to say thank you when you enjoy something.

With that in mind -- thank you for stopping by today and all the other days that you do.  I enjoy chatting with you and am so glad you stop by.

 Easy Shopping available at my online store -24/7.
Get a free PDF tutorial by clicking right here to sign up for my newsletter. 
     
Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!