Monday, October 22, 2012

It's a New Effect

Have you ever picked something up after not using it for a long time and just gone, "Whoa!"?

That's how I felt this weekend when I picked up my Crystal Effects adhesive.  

The cool thing about this stuff is the glossy, glassy look that it gives to things, not to mention its stickability.  So cool.  

For instance, when we were having problems with our laminate countertops coming off, what did we use to stick it back down?  You guessed it . . . Crystal Effects.  It's a wonder glue!!
 Can you see the Crystal Effects on this card around the paisley in the circle from the Lacy & Lovely stamp set?  It's also on the large pattern of Baja Breeze card stock that was rolled on with the Alhambra jumbo Stampin' wheel.  The inks I used were the Baja Breeze and Basic Black with the sponge around the circle and the banner.  

I used the 1-1/4" square to create the ends of the banner.  the 1-3/4" circle punch was used for the circle image. and the 1/2" circle punch was used with the silver glimmer paper in the middle.  Cards stocks were Baja Breeze, Whisper White, and Basic Gray.
I have had several people ooo and aaah over this card already because of the nice texture that Crystal Effects creates on the card stock.  

Tip:  When you just a small amount, Crystal Effects dries very quickly.  When you use larger, thicker amounts of the adhesive, it will take longer to dry.  Be patient no matter what or else you may end up with fingerprints in your design!


To get my newsletter, just click right here.
To order these goodies, go to my online store.  
Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!