Monday, September 17, 2012

Time To Get All Artistic

Do you find it a challenge to keep your crafting "on trend"?  Do you even know what the term "on trend" means?  Do you know how you go into a crafting store and it seems like they have changed all the merchandise around and there are great new things there to see?  They are keeping trends in mind or staying "on trend".

Well, that's what I love, love, love about the Stampin' Up! catalogs -- whether it's a holiday catalog or the big Idea Book and Catalog.  Stampin' Up! keeps the latest trends in mind when they create their books of ideas, projects and products.  
And right now, banners are a HUGE, HUGE on trend item.  They are very hot.  And super easy to create.  

I have lots of projects where I've used banners, and this is one of them.  I CASEd this fabulous card from Terry Koshman.  I love all the elements that Terry put into the card, so I used pretty much everything the same.  Besides, I hadn't broken out the Artistic Etchings stamp set for quite a while, and it felt wonderful to get it out and get it inky.
There are lots of details in this card.  It's not a Clean and Simple card like I make so often.  Loads of layers speak volumes in this little beauty.  However, the color scheme keeps it grounded and while using grays and blacks, the Daffodil Delight adds a splash of sunshine that anyone would be thrilled to get.
There are no dimensionals on this card, though.  It's all using SNAIL adhesive, so that keeps the card quite simple.

What I used:
Stamp sets - Artistic Etchings, En Francais; Card Stock - Basic Gray, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight; Ink - Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray; Punches - Boho Blossoms, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack; Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits Dies; Basic Pearls Jewels; Paper Snips; SNAIL Adhesive.

To get on my newsletter mailing list, just click here.

Shopping for on-trend items through my Stampin' Up! store is done right here.

Hope you have a banner day.  Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!