Monday, September 24, 2012

A Grateful Heart for Weekends

What makes a good weekend for you?  Is it getting to do everything on your to-do list?  Is it doing absolutely nothing that's on your to-do list?

Mine is to make lots and lots of papercrafting stuff!  Are you surprised?  I'll bet not.

And, boy, was I having a good weekend.  One of the projects I made over the weekend was this fun card:
 It was so much fun.  Now . . . I'll bet sometimes when you look at the cards on my blog, you're saying, "Oh, yeah.  It's easy for you!"  Ha!  
 This card was actually my second attempt at this baby.  The first time around, I had a different paper than this Baja Breeze with hearts.  And the Midnight Muse (dark blue) that surrounds it?  Well, it was a light, dusky red the first time around.  Totally different than in the end, eh?
 I guess what I'm getting at is this . . . it's okay to start out with a different idea and then change your mind if the card doesn't seem quite right to you.  Unless you're like me and blab it to everyone, no one will ever know that it didn't always look like what you ended up doing.
what I used:
Papers - Patio Party DSP, Whisper White and Midnight Muse card stocks; Stamp Sets - Pursuit of Happiness and Stippled Blossoms; Ink - Midnight Muse; Punches - 1" square, Postage Punch, Decorative Label; Midnght Music Stitched Ribbon; SNAIL adhesive.

Here's a handy dandy tip for you:  To make a "frame" for your punched-out sentiment using the Decorative Label Punch, cut it from the corners into the middle to make four parts and layer them behind your sentiment.  It's easy and looks great, don't you think?
Plesae visit my on-line store right here.  On-line shopping and fun stuff delivered to your door.  Love it.

You can always contact me by using the link above, and I'll  help you with your order. 

For other tips and ideas, just sign up for my newsletter right here.  There's a free PDF tutorial just for signing up.

Thanks so much for stopping by today ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!