Thursday, July 5, 2012

Slowing Down and Keeping it Challenging

Dominoes and Pass The Pigs -- two games that we played yesterday evening before the fireworks began here at the Lake.  I lost both big time.  Love to play games, not too good at them.  How about you?
Vacations are great, since you get to slow down a little bit and relax, play games, and lose.  Big time.  Like me.  Anyway . . . 
 I only brought a few stamp sets and papers with me, so my challenge this week has been to use what I have in lots of ways.   Helps me remember what a value all the great Stampin stuff I have is.  The stamp set here is A Word For You, and the papers are Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White.  The Designer Series Paper (DSP) is the Floral District, and the ink that was used is Rich Razzleberry.  The ribbon is the 1/4" Stitched Daffodil Delight Grosgrain.  
Last evening, I even decorated the envelope using the DSP inside the envelope -- how pretty.  I always think that's so pretty when I open up a card and the inside of the envelope is decorated nicely and coordinates.
I only brought a few punches with me, too. So for the scalloped border on the card, I used the scalloped circle punch that I brought with me and cut it until only a few scallops were there and then had them peek out from under the DSP.  
So that's my challenge for the week, and I have one more day to go with these few stamp sets and paper.  It's fun to do.  
Have you challenged yourself with anything lately?


Sign up for my newsletter right here.  It's free and full of ideas and information for you.  When you sign up, you'll get a free PDF tutorial as a thank you.  I really appreciate you.  I'm so glad you stop by.
If you want to shop for any of these products, just click here, 24/7.  Just for you.
Thanks so much for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!