Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome Baby - Cute Dragon Card

 Know anybody having a baby?  I had a transition-type boss at the end of last year before he left the law firm to go to another company.  He was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed working with him.

Well, I heard that he and his wife had their second baby today.  I have no idea if it was a girl or a boy.  I thought this combination of Pink and Blue would be a great color scheme.  Robin Messenheimer had this card posted on her blog, so I decided to CASE it.
And I'm so glad I did!  How cute is that?  This 'lil cutie is made with punches, but I did stamp the "welcome baby" from the short and sweet stamp set.  


The dragon is mostly punches:  The 2-1/2" circle, Extra-Large Oval, Large Oval, Blossom Petals Builder, the Owl Builder (for the nostrils), Boho Blossoms (for the teeth), and the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (for the eyes).  The colors are Marina Mist, Regal Rose, Whisper White and Early Espresso.  I used the Subtles brads, and the Big Shot with the Lattice Folder.


I used the Mat Pack to get those brads in there as straight as possible (love that thing), and the White Gel Pen for the accents on the eyes.


It's great how the sponge with ink can add some wonderful depth on the outside of the dragon's body and head.  Lots of layering gives this card some added "zing"!


I can hardly wait to take it to work tomorrow and have everyone sign it to give to my old boss and his wife.  They're gonna love this!!


Hope you get to do something you love today, too.  Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!