Thursday, February 2, 2012

Leadership Make and Takes - Part 3 I think . . .

I'm not the best with the My Digital Studio (MDS). Did you check out what Stampin' Up! made for each of us at Leadership? This page was created with the MDS, printed out, and put into each of our Make and Take packages. So pretty . . . and a great poem, too! This is one of those "take it to heart" sayings that is out there.
The Baja Breeze paper was cut to look like a pennant with the pointed ends and then distressed with the Tea Stain and a sponge. I have the distressing essentials, but hadn't touched them since the purchase -- my bad! Since Leadership, I've gotten them out and enjoyed using them. They really make it look like something has been vintaged, aged, and around for a while! After using the Tea Stain, I used my nails and some Paper Snips to really distress the edges. I'll be trimming this to 8 x 10 to fit inside a frame.

Stamp Set - Mixed Bunch; Card Stock and Paper - Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit, My Digital Studio printed page (8-1/2 x 11); Ink - Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Distressing Essentials Tea Stain; Daffodil Delight 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Snail, Sticky Strip, Bone folder, 3/4" Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Stamping Sponges.


Happiness Card - Again, there was that tea stain thingy . . . Stampin' Up! likes the vintage look and we were prompted to use the distressing tea stain on this card. As you can see, I was getting the hang of making things look all stained up at this point!

I made sure I distressed the edges of the paper and really enjoyed making this quick and easy card. We were given supplies to make three of them and then the option of putting them inside a Mason jar to create a "Jar O' Cards". Cute idea. I managed to do the one card and called it good.


The funny thing is . . . whenever I give someone a card where I've distressed the top of the paper to fold over just the tiniest bit, I always end up watching as they attempt to straighten it out. I'm thinking, "No, no. It's supposed to be like that!" Ha! Has that ever happened to you?

Stamps - Mixed Bunch, Loving Thoughts; Card Stock and Paper - Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla, Twitterpated Designer Series Paper; Ink - Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Distressing Essentials Teach Stain; Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, Snail adhesive, Petite Pennants Punch, Stapler and staples.

Well, I hope you have a great day. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!