Thursday, October 6, 2011

Iris Folding

This card uses what's known as the Iris Fold. It's used a lot with material crafting where the material is folded over. When I first tried making this type of card, I would fold the paper over. Well, material may fray, but paper usually doesn't, so it's not necessary to fold the paper when you're doing the Iris Fold technique on a card or scrapbook page or anything where it's a paper crafting activity! That's good, because doing an Iris Fold makes for a hefty card as it is with just an unfolded paper.


I got a template for making this card from Robin Messenheimer. She has a video on her blog that explains the whole thing. It's great. If you have the time, check it out. Of course, when I CASEd her card, I changed it up a little to use what I have on hand. Go ahead and give the Iris Fold technique a try. It's fun and easy.

Big Shot; Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Bigz Scallop #2 Die; Blossom Punch; Paper Snips; Daffadil Delight, Naturals Ivory, and Garden Green card stock; Neutrals DSP pack; Petite Pairs stamp set; Garden Green classic ink; Stampin' Sponges; 2-1/2" Circle punch Garden Green grosgrain ribbon.

Hope you do something fun today. Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!