Thursday, August 11, 2011

You're On My Mind

I can barely keep my eyes open for this blog post today! I'm getting sleepy, sleepy, sleepy . . . I'll stay awake a little longer, but then this chickie has got to hit the hay. I've actually kept my goal of sending cards out. I gave three away today and asked people to mail them to someone special. I mailed out eight myself. I hope everyone I've sent a card likes them. I know it's so nice to get an unexpected card - or even an expected one.

I got a hand-stamped thank you card today. It was using the direct to paper technique of swiping the ink pad directly on the paper - hence the name of the technique. Easy and cool looking. Great to be on the receiving end of the card thing.


I'm still on the Designer Series Paper (DSP) kick, so here's a card that I CASEd from the catalog again. It's on the page with the stamp set, Upsy Daisy that was used on this card. I don't have the catalog in front of me right now, so if you find the page, give me a holler. I didn't have enough linen thread to use around the card (I'm making ten of these -- keeping that goal of mailing my cards out in mind -- and so I used a mini library clip instead. Everyone loves these little clips. I also used the vintage trinkets with the little button-looking brads.

Those little button brads look so nice all lined up at the side of the image. See the KISS technique?

Easy and quick card that I used the KISS technique with the image. I think the catalog used heat embossing, but I didn't have time for that. I also broke out the sewing machine for the row of holes at the bottom of the card.


Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla card stock; Paisley Prints, First Edition, and Regals Paper Pack DSP; Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip Classic Ink; Upsy Daisy and Best Friends Forever stamp sets; Mini Library Clips; Vintage Trinkets; Stampin' Dimensionals; paper snips, and sewing machine.


I'd better get to bed. Five in the morning will be here before I know it!

Happy Stampin' and Scrappin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!