Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So Not Original

I've been making the boys get up earlier and earlier to begin the acclimation process for when school begins. Do you think they appreciate this? No. They do not appreciate this one little bit. Honestly, I don't blame them. It's a necessary evil though. It's hard enough to get up and be bushy eyed (or is that bushy tailed?) and ready to pay attention in school, but to do it getting up like . . . I don't know . . . five hours earlier than you're used to. That's just not right. Oh, yeah. I have really let them sleep in this summer. That's what kidhood is for, though, right? Getting to sleep in and stuff? 'Cause it sure doesn't happen ones that adulthood thing begins to happen. Okay . . .

Here we are beginning another day with a card using Designer Series Paper (DSP). In this card, we've got the First Edition DSP and the Well Worn DSP.

The First Edition is the one that looks like newsprint behind the Top Note Die Cut with the flowers stamped on it. The Well Worn was used for the bird and another spot. Can you see it?

This card is a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) from the Stampin' Up! catalog on page 182. If you've got the catalog, go check it out and take a look. Whatcha think? I know, I know. This card isn't an exact copy; it's my version of the card where I used what I had instead of what they used. That's just how a copy goes.


Here's a close-up view of the "suede" or "felted" flower. It has a mini silver brad inside it, along with another piece of DSP punched from the Well Worn pack.

Elements of Style stamp set; Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede, and Baja Breeze card stock; First Edition and Well Worn DSP; Crumb Cake and Early Espresso Classic inks; Baja Breeze Stampin' Write marker; Cutter Kit; Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Sprintz; Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon; Silver Brads; Silver mini brads; Stampin' Dimensionals; Color Spritzer Tool; Bird, Itty Bitty Shapers, Boho Blossoms, and 1" Circle Punches; Big Shot; Top Note Bigz Die.

I've said it before, "If you make one, you may as well make more." I did 12 of these real quick last evening. I'm still on the goal of sending out cards to people. So far, so good. Yesterday, it was giving away two cards and then sending out eight.

How about you? Have you kept your recent goals? Thanks so much for stopping by today. Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!


2 comments:

  1. Julia,

    I was just visiting your blog and tried to leave a comment but wasn't able to. Just wanted you to know I was there and I love that card you cased from the catalog. I need to do that more often. Also agree why make just one!

    Have a great day.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Julia! I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!