Sunday, June 26, 2011

Card Guts Are a Girls Best Friend . . . Kinda

As I've said before, "I LOVE card guts!" Those are all the leftovers from when you're doing a whole bunch of cards, but you're done with the cards you were doing and then you have stuff left over.

I enjoy making a new bunch of cards out of what I have. I needed a Father's Day card and thank you cards, so I made them with the card guts of the Aviary card and a new stamp set - Circle Circus. The Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was used for the greetings on both types of cards.

I like how they turned out. I also decorated the flap of the envelopes and then tucked these little thank you cards into the bags of my customers from their latest purchase. I put the cards into clear envelopes with a little note encouraging them to use the cards themselves or to pass the cards onto someone who could use a Random Act of Kindness (RAK). I made a bunch of the "Friend to Friend" card.


So I used all the same card stock colors as before, and this time I used Peach Parfait, Night of Navy, and Pear Pizzazz Classic Inks, along with the Word Window Punch, and the Modern Label Punch. I wanted to use up my stash of Build-A-Brads, so I used that and punched out a 1/2" circle of the Night of Navy Pattern Paper to put inside the brad. Peach Parfait card stock was used when punching out the Modern Label.

So fun -- and it felt good to use up the card guts that were laying on my craft table. I feel ever so thrifty!!

What have you done that has made you feel thrifty lately? Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!