Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting things Accomplished . . . I think

I'm crazy about the water color crayons - one of my favorite items that Stampin' Up! sells, and I think they are an underutilized item. When I'm gonna do a lot of coloring, there's nothing like them. I think they are better for shading than the markers. I'm a mess with the markers, but the crayons . . . baby, I'm set to go! I really feel like I do a good job with them. Just my opinion anyway, but they are, I think, easier to use than just about any other way to color.

What I used in these cards: Flower Fancy stamp set, Watercolor Wonder Crayons - brights, Basic Black 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Aqua Painters, Blender Pens, Wide Oval Punch, Whisper White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango and Real Red card stock, Black StazOn ink pad.

One of my downline and fellow stampers, the very talented Kim Bradfield, showed me how to use the StazOn Cleaner. I had not liked using the StazOn ink pad because it made a mess out of my stamps time and again. Kim was using that cleaner like it was nothing, and so I started to ask her about it; she really showed me a thing of two, and I've never been afraid of the StazOn since then. Kim says that she likes the StazOn black ink better than the Basic Black because it's a better black.

Well, it's another rainy day here in this lovely part of the country. Yesterday was so incredibly gorgeous, I thought, "Hey, spring is finally here! Yay!" And then all the rain today. I just keep telling myself that it's these April showers that will bring the May flowers.

I'm feeling so accomplished because I've just finished placing a Stampin' Up! order, figured out my next classes to be held at the end of May/beginning of June, and gone through my supplies. I've also got two classes scheduled for scrapbooking that will be held in May (National Scrapbook Month). It will be the third year that I've held a scrapbooking event in honor of the National Scrapbook Month. I seem to have more card makers as customers; however, I'll keep plugging away at it. I get plenty of pages done of my own, though, and that's a biggie. Our boys like to look at their scrapbooks a lot, so it's meaningful to get those scrapbook pages done.

For supper tonight, I'm fixing the Sixteen-Minute Burritos - also known as as Beef and Bean Burritos - again. Doesn't it look fantastic? The picture and recipe is from The Pioneer Woman Cooks. She's amazing. The last time I made them, I timed how long it took to make them. You guessed it! Exactly sixteen minutes. Amazing. It's pretty rare that I can find a recipe that truly takes as long as it says it takes to fix, but this one sure does. LOVE it. I feel like I'm eating restaurant food with this recipe, too. Super, super tasty. My husband is crazy about this dish.

Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!